# "I remember when I found out about chemistry, it was a long, long way from here..." # - Dan Wilson (Semisonic)


It's been a longish week sorting out the first elements of the main home page for the website and also a busy week with our wedding preparations suddenly taking a new and energetic spirit. We've been engaged for two and a half years and planned everything for so long but suddenly with only two weeks to go, the last-minute things need to be done quite quickly... Still, it'll all come together in the end, I'm sure.

That's what I keep telling myself about www.findthemissingreel.com too - I've been considering what to actually put up as the first parts of what will be a "drip-feed" (in a good way!) /teasing site as the next year progresses that will with a bit of luck whet the appetite for what Moon Crater might bring... Anyway, the big unveiling will happen next week (date to be confirmed - check back here for breaking news!) and the main "desk top" page will have two or three clickable objects as well as some hidden links for visitors to the site to search for and find...




This week, I've been basically working on the introduction page of the site and also a puzzle page, which may or may not be unlocked next week - the puzzles are proving more puzzling to me as I puzzle over which puzzles to include! But, my hope is that visitors will bookmark the site and hopefully return from time to time to find that other objects on the homepage have been unlocked and the mystery weaving of the story has been ever-so slightly untwined by a little more...

In other Moon Crater news this week, Lainey C has given me some good advice on the copyright paranoia I was having last Friday (see my previous post). She's promised to send me some legal-type stuff to add to my blog sites to basically protect them, and I really appreciate the help! It'll mean I can put more and more of my old stories up onto my other blogs and only worry about if people actually like them when they see them on there, instead of them being nicked...

Also, this week and still on the subject of copyright, because of another friend's good advice, I've actually made the difficult but boldly important move to change the name of an organisation I was using in the first draft of Moon Crater. If any of you have seen the "X-ray" type holding page at www.findthemissingreel.com recently, you may be wondering who or what is "the Institute"... Well, I won't tell you what it was going to be (or I'm sorry, what it now is) but bascically I was using a real organisation at first but my good friend Damo pointed out that the legal department of a publishers probably wouldn't allow me to portray this "Institute" in the way I wanted. So the new organisation lurking in the shadows, so to speak, is radically different (and actually not based on the real Institute at all - in fact, since deciding to change it and make it into a fictional organisation it has suddenly taken on a much wider mandate and mission than I'd originally envisioned.)

OK, I'm getting way to cryptic and puzzling for my own good again - suffice to say it's still known as the "Institute" and if you want a clue as to its larger mission, the motto below its emblem might read something like this: "preoccupo historia prosterno pro annus advenio"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

# "A hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood, somehow that always just made me feel good..." # - Barenaked Ladies

"Unfinished Tales" and other "Talking Titles"...

"If Adventure Makes a Sound..." ("Finding a Voice": Part-the-First!)